Open Crown Hats
Open crown hats, such as the Aussie Slouch, enable you to offer your customers an individualized bash or crease. [Learn More]
shown with a
The Aussie Slouch Hat, one side
turned up against the crown, has gained worldwide recognition.
Akubra has made these hats for the Australian Army for over ninety
years. Proven in the toughest of desert and jungle conditions
by Australia’s fighting men, the Slouch Hat enjoys an unequaled
reputation for rugged quality.
The dash and vigor of the Aussie Slouch Hat is appreciated
by both men and women who enjoy the outdoors. Worn with the distinctive
puggaree, or custom trimmed with a braided kangaroo band, it
retains the characteristic jaunty air of assurance. The Aussie
Slouch by Akubra is the authentic full-quality military hat,
pure fur felt, Superfine Quality, brass clip and loop to hold
the brim, complete with puggaree and chin strap. The color
is regulation British Khaki. The brim is 3-1/2 inches wide, bound
edge. 5-1/2 inch open crown, unlined. Reeded roan leather sweatband.
Made in Australia.
#1601 Aussie Slouch Hat (Military) (open crown)
• Authentic Australian military hat, made to full army specification
• Pure fur felt — Akubra’s Superfine Quality
• Open Crown, 5-1/2" to top, unlined
• 3-1/2" brim, bound edge
• Puggaree and chin strap included
• Brass clip to hold the brim
• Reeded roan leather sweatband
• Chin strap hooks
• 2 horizontal eyelets for ventilation on each side of crown, set rather
high, a little above the turned up brim
• Sizes 6-3/4 through 7-7/8
• Color: British Khaki (KHI)
• Made in Australia by Akubra